- cell phone addiction is defined as the fear of not having access to a cell phone (also known as NoMoPhobia)
- up to 50% of teenagers suffer from cell phone addiction
- addicted teens also have higher rates of depression, insomnia, anxiety, and impulsivity
- addiction results in:
- lower attention spans
- interference with circadian rhythm (a result of blue light production by phone screens)
- increased texting and driving
- increased rate of pedestrian accidents (10x increase between 2005 and 2010)
- cell phones are designed to be addictive by creating a virtual escape
A Look Into Phone Usage in Your Life:
Comment to spread ideas about inciting change!
Drop a pin on your location if you sense the prevalence of cellphone addiction near you to help visualize it on a global scale.